Monday, July 5, 2010

An exercise in narcissism?

When I was a couple of weeks away from the big move from Texas to Geneva, my dad suggested I create a blog so he could get my perspective on the culture and attitudes in Europe. I thought to myself, "Only a parent would be interested in my thoughts on that." A couple of weeks after I arrived here, my niece, whom I love dearly, started her own blog. She suggested that it would be therapeutic. God knows that I could use a therapeutic tool, as these first weeks in Geneva have been challenging ones. I expected rough days as a normal part of the transition, but when they arrive, they are never welcome. So, I am basically starting a journal of my adventures here and doing it as if people actually might want to read it. Narcissism at it's best!

4 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to be able to follow your blog!
    I thought I would only get to know what was going on with you through your beautiful niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited! ...P.S. Your niece ROCKS

    http://adventuresofninjamom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! this is awesome. It will give you something to do between all your trips back and forth to the grocery store with your little shopping trolley. Do you have a European size fridge? Can you fit all your groceries in it? love ya. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have a European sized fridge! Very frustrating, but I will have to manage.

    ReplyDelete